Here we have covered the most important current affairs of February 2023 useful for various competitive exams in India. Keep reading!
If you are preparing for competitive exams like; SSC, PSC, Banking, UPSC, Railway, Defense and other exams then you should stay aware of the current happening in India and all over the world. That’s why we have brought to you the most important news and affairs in short to keep you updated and help you to score higher in your upcoming exam.
1. Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has stated during the representation of the Union Budget 2023 in Parliament that the average processing time for income tax returns has been lowered from 93 to 16 days.
2. Former law Minister Shanti Bhushan passed away at the age of 97 in Noida. She served as India’s law minister in the Morarji Desai government from 1977 to 1979.
3. Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman announced that 50 destinations will be developed to promote tourism through a challenge mechanism.
4. At the 74th Republic Day parade Gujarat’s tableau representing the topic of clean and green energy won the “People’s Choice Award”.
At the parade 17 states and 6 Ministries exhibited their separate tableaus.
5. Former Indian Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh has been recently awarded a Lifetime Achievement Honour by the India-UK Achievers Honors in London for his contributions to economic and political life.
6. Air Officer AP Singh was recently appointed the Vice Chief of the Indian Air Force.
7. To fight against pollution the Chief Minister of Delhi Mr. Arvind Kejriwal launched the Real Time Source Apportionment Supersite. Under this campaign a mobile van will identify pollution hotspots in the National Capital.
8. Amrit Dharohar Scheme will be implemented in the next three years to conserve wetlands by promoting their optimal use
9. Central launched the MISHTI Scheme for mangrove plantations along the coastline.