Most important current affairs of August 2023 for competitive exam aspirants in India.
All these current affairs include topics from India, Politics, Science, Invention, Education, Sports, etc. Go through all the news affairs below to score better in your upcoming exams, including SSC, Banking, Railways, Defence and other State exams.
Important Current Affairs August 2023
India’s Tiger Population Reached 3,925 with an annual growth rate of 6.1%. Madhya Pradesh has the highest number (785) of tiger population as per the announcement by the Central Govt. of India on Global Tiger Day, 29th July 2023.
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has announced to revolutionize the digital payment system of India through Unified Payments and Interface (UPI) and UPI Lite.
The Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM) Awards:
- Best Film – Sita Ramam
- Best Documentary – To Kill A Tiger
- Best Indie – Film Agra
- Best Director – Prithvi Konanur, Hadinelentu (Seventeeners)
- Best Male Performance in Film – Mohit Agarwal (Agra)
- Best Female Performance in a Film – Rani Mukerji (Mrs Chatterjee Vs Norway)
India celebrated its 77th Independence Day on August 15, 2023. The theme for this year’s Independence Day celebration is “Nation First, Always First”.
The International Cricket Council (ICC) has announced Australia’s spin bowling all-rounder Ashleigh Gardner and England’s seamer Chris Woakes as the player of the month for July 2023.
After success with the Chandrayaan-3 mission, India became the 4th nation to successfully land on the Moon after the United States, Russia, and China.
Here are some Key people responsible for the Chandrayaan-3 mission:
- S Somanath, ISRO Chairman
- P Veeramuthuvel, Chandrayaan-3 project director
- Mohana Kumar, Mission director
- S Unnikrishnan Nair, Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC)
- M Sankaran, U R Rao Satellite Centre (URSC) director
- A Rajarajan, Launch Authorisation Board (LAB) chief
As per the India Smart Cities Awards 2022, Indore was named Best City and Madhya Pradesh Best State in India.
Also Read – Current Affairs July 2023