Current affairs November 2021 has latest news affairs and updates from breaking news, sports, politics, science, technology, invention, awards, events and all other happenings around the world.
These current affairs November 2021 updates are important for various competitive exams including; Banking exams, SSC, IBPS, SBI, RRB, Railway, Insurance, other state government jobs and recruitment examination in India.
Current Affairs November 2021
Here we are providing the latest November weekly current affairs 2021 updates as one liner with important terms highlights.
November Weekly Current Affairs 2021
Below are the weekly current affairs updates for the month of November 2021.
Current Affairs November 8-14, 2021
- World Radiography Day is observed all over the world on November 8. The theme of World Radiology Day 2021 is ‘Interventional Radiology- Active Care for Patient’.
- The Meghalaya government approves creation of Eastern West Khasi Hills district. Meghalaya Deputy Chief Minister Tynsong says, It helps in ensuring that administration will remain closer to the people and besides implementation of several schemes will also be more effective.
- IRCTC starts Shri Ramayana Yatra, the train from Delhi’s Safdarjung Railway Station. It will cover the visit of all the significant places related to the life of Lord Rama.
- Oxford recently stated that, Oxford Word of the Year 2021 is Vax.
- Two Indian Army officers Lt Col. Servesh Dhadwal and Col. Amit Bisht receive Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Award 2020
- Delhi govt launches Shramik Mitra scheme to ensure all construction workers in Delhi.
- US Space agency NASA announces a new mission to study the behavior of tropical storms and thunderstorms, including their effect on the weather and climate change.
- Gujarat again ranked 1st in the national logistics index 2021 (LEADS 2021 Index) chart for its ‘well-developed infrastructure and services driven by a responsive government’ among 21 states.
- The actor, politician, producer, and director Kamal Haasan became the first Indian celebrity to have his own digital avatar in a game-based metaverse.
- Astronaut Wang Yaping became the first Chinese woman to walk in space on November 7, 2021.
- Nykaa founder and CEO Falguni Nayar becomes India’s 7th and wealthiest self-made woman billionaire.
- Atul Karwal a 1988 batch IPS officer from Gujarat cadre, appointed as new NDRF Director General.
- Vice Admiral R Hari Kumar will take charge as the next Chief of the Indian Navy.
- Union Minister Jitendra Singh launched the first-ever mentorship programme called the ‘DBT-Star College Mentorship Programme.
- SN Pradhan, senior Indian Police Service (IPS) officer, appointed as the next chief of Narcotics Control Bureau till August 2024.
- Civil Aviation Minister Jyotiraditya Scindia launched eGCA, an online platform through which the Director-General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) will offer its 298 services including pilot licensing.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch two Reserve Bank of India initiatives including the RBI Retail Direct Scheme and the Reserve Bank – Integrated Ombudsman Scheme.
- National Internet Exchange of India (NIXI) launches a ‘digital payment gateway’.
- The Union Cabinet approved the declaration of November 15, birth anniversary of Birsa Munda, as Janjatiya Gaurav Divas, to commemorate the brave tribal freedom fighters.
- India launched an electric vehicle awareness web portal called e-Amrit at the ongoing COP26 Summit in Glasgow, UK.
- The United States becomes the 101st member country of the International Solar Alliance.
- A new SpaceX Mission with a crew of four, led by Indian-origin astronaut Raja Chari to the International Space Station (ISS).
- The National Achievement Survey (NAS) will assess about 38 lakh students from 1.23 lakh schools in 733 districts in 36 States and Union Territories.
- Indian army revamped Rezang La War memorial in Ladakh on the 59th anniversary of the battle of Rezang La.
- South Africa’s last apartheid president FW de Klerk passed away at the age of 85.
- Professor Bimal Patel from India has been elected to the UN’s International Law Commission for a 5-year-term starting January 1, 2023.
- Australia wins the T20 World Cup Final beating New Zealand by 8 wickets.
- Indian writer, theatre personality, historian and Padma Vibhushan awardee Babasaheb Purandare passes away at 99.
- MobiKwik has launched MobiKwik RuPay Prepaid Card in collaboration with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and Axis Bank.
Current Affairs November 15-21, 2021
- Renowned Hindi author, Mannu Bhandari, passes away at the age of 90. Two of her most renowned Hindi novels are ‘Mahabhoj’ and ‘Aapka Banti’. She was known as one of the pioneers of the ‘Nayi Kahani’ movement.
- The Union Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated UP’s first operationalized private
- sector defence manufacturing facility in Lucknow. It will be run by Aerolloy Technologies .
- The Union Defence Ministry discussed the acquisition of 30 Predator drones from the United States worth around Rs 21,000 crore.
- Habibganj railway station has been redeveloped and revamped as Rani Kamalapati station.
- India receives the S-400 Triumf air defence system from Russia to tackle threats from both the Northern and Western borders with China and Pakistan.
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) President Sourav Ganguly confirmed former India batsman VVS Laxman to take charge as Head of National Cricket Academy.
- PM Modi virtually inaugurated Bhagwan Birsa Munda Museum in Ranchi on November 15 to commemorate the birth anniversary of the tribal freedom fighter Birsa Munda on Janjatiya Gaurav Divas.
- Padma Vibhushan awardee, historian Babasaheb Purandare passed away at the age of 99. He was known for works based on the life of Chatrapati Shivaji Maharaj.
- The central government tabled a law in Parliament for the extension of the tenure of the CBI and ED Directors up to 5 years.
- India signs a pact with Asian Development Bank (ADB) worth $60 million loan for Agartala City Urban Development Project.
- National Press Day is celebrated on 16th November, 2021 all over India. The Theme for National Press Day 2021 is ‘Who is Not Afraid of Media?’.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the 341 Km long Purvanchal expressway in Sultanpur district of Uttar Pradesh.
- As per a new report by the research arm of the consultants McKinsey & Co. China overtakes the US to take top spot in the list of richest countries.
- India’s first Grass Conservatory in an area of 2 acres was launched on November 14, 2021 in Ranikhet of Almora district. The Grass conservation area houses around 90 different grass species and seven different sections of grasses.
- Indian PM Narendra Modi unveiled the statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel at the office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) in New Delhi to mark the First Audit Diwas.
- India launched the 41st scientific expedition to Antarctica as the first batch of 23 scientists and support staff reached the Indian Antarctic station Maitri last week. The batches will launch two major programs; 1. Geological exploration of the Amery ice shelf at Bharati station. 2. Reconnaissance surveys and preparatory work for drilling of 500 meters of ice core near Maitri station.
- The theme of International Day for Tolerance 2021 is ‘We can all practice tolerance and respect for diversity – values that bring people together and make us all stronger.’
- India’s 1st Food Museum Launched in Thanjavur in Tamil Nadu
- BRO receives Guinness World Records for world’s highest motorable road at 19,024 feet at Umlingla Pass in Ladakh.
- India’s billionaire Rakesh Jhunjhunwala’s Akasa Airline placed a huge order of 72 Boeing 737 Max planes at Dubai Air Show.
- Duare Ration, West Bengal launches ration at doorstep scheme to benefit 10 crore people.
- BCCI President Sourav Ganguly appointed as the Chairman of ICC Men’s Cricket Committee.
- Jal Shakti Ministry has launched a new contest- “Water Heroes – Share Your Stories” to reach out to people and to strengthen the water consciousness in the nation.
- India has been re-elected to UNESCO executive board till 2025.
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the three-day ‘Rashtra Raksha Samarpan Parv’ in Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh.
- Kannada film star Puneeth Rajkumar will be conferred with the ‘Karnataka Ratna Award’ posthumously.
- He will be the 10th recipient of the state’s highest civilian award.
- Popular Tamil actor-director RNR Manohar passes away at the age of 61.
- The Union Cabinet approved a scheme to provide 4G mobile services in over 7,000 villages across 5 states (Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Jharkhand, and Odisha).
- UP’s first 20-meter high anti-air pollution tower inaugurated in Noida.
- United States Vice-President Kamala Harris became the first female acting President of the United States for one hour and 25 minutes.
Read More on: Page 2
January to November 2021 Current Affairs
- Current Affairs February Q/A 2021
- Current Affairs March Q/A 2021
- Current Affairs April Q/A 2021
- Current Affairs May Q/A 2021
- Current Affairs June Q/A 2021
- Current Affairs July Q/A 2021
- Current Affairs August Q/A 2021
- Current Affairs September Q/A 2021
- Current Affairs October Q/A 2021
- Current Affairs November 2021
Current Affairs November 2021 – FAQs
Q1. How do these current affairs help for competitive exams?
Answer: Our experts prepare the most recent and important current affairs updates from various news and events from all around the world. These updates are specially designed for exams like; Banking, SSC, IBPS, SBI, UPSC, PSC, Insurance, and other state government jobs. Following our updates regularly can help you to perform well in your upcoming job exam.
Q2. Is Basictell’s current affairs updates good for govt exam?
Answer: Yes, we provide all important current gk updates, current affairs questions answers, quiz, and PDFs with important points and facts for Govt. exams including Banking, IAS, IBPS Clerk, IBPS PO, SBI, SSC CGL, RRB, State PSC and others govt. Job recruitment exams.
Q3. How frequently should one study current affairs?
Answer: Currently we are updating the current affairs of a month on a weekly basis. But, you can read them regularly for better practice.