The physical component of computer is called Hardware.
Basic Hardware Components:
- Motherboard: It is a circuit board contains IC sockets and slots.
- CPU: Full name central processing unit. It is the heart of the computer.
- Math coprocessor: It is an IC (Optional) used for mathematical calculation.
- ROM: Read only memory used to store information permanently.
- RAM: Random Access memory used to write programs.
- Display card.
Software is a set of program which can do the particular work for users.
Mainly two types of software are there;
- System Software (Operating System).
- Application Software (Language processors – Editor, Linker, Translator etc).
Another kind of software is utility software.
Operating System: Operating system is system software which links between computer Hardware and Software.
DOS (Disk operating system), Windows operating system, Unix operating system etc.