Are you looking for the best domain name registrar to launch a new blog or online business?
Domain Registrars play a vital role in the domain management process. Therefore, it is very important to be cautious in choosing the perfect domain name registrar.
In this article, you will able to get a clear concept about what is a domain registrar and also the name of popular types of domain extensions.
If you are a blogger or have an online business, you need a website that works smoothly. And to run a website successfully, you need to get a domain and a good web hosting provider. Domain name registrars are the best places to buy domain names for your business. Registering your domain with the best domain registrar is the smart move in domain management for your business. That’s why we have picked for you the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) approved best domain provider in India.
Best Domain Name Registrars in India
Namecheap is an affordable option for domain registration. It is a good option at a fair price. It has over 13 million domains worldwide, and it supports 497 domain extensions. It also provides security services, easy domain transfer and email services.
- Pricing: The new domain pricing for the .com domain is Rs. 659.75/-, and the renewal price is 964.37/-. The renewal prices are increased.
- Privacy options: WHOIS protects your personal information. It also offers security features like SSL certificates, a VPN, and premium DNS as add-ons to your yearly fee. When the domain expires, website and image services are stopped. However, Namecheap offers a 30 days grace period for gTLDS.
- Domain Transfer: Transferring a domain to Namecheap is fast and affordable( from 30 minutes to 60 days).
Domain.com is speedy and reliable for e-commerce hosting. It is very helpful to build your new website and also offers live chat support. It provides WHOIS privacy protection, web design and marketing services, a website builder, business, email, and website security like SSL.
- Pricing: The pricing for .com domains starts at $99/year minimum. The renewal rate starts at $13.99/year.
- Privacy Options: Domain.com provide an add-on and build it with your domain registration for $8.99/year.
- Domain Transfer: It has no pricing list on its website. If you want to go with Domain.com, must take a look at other services listed to make sure you are getting the transfer at a fair price.
Hostinger is a popular domain registrar and is also affordable. They support 136 domain extensions.
- Pricing: The pricing for a new .com domain is Rs. 602/- and the renewal rate is very expensive.
- Privacy Options: Hostinger provide good email and live chat support, but you need to wait around 20 to 60 minutes for their fast reply.
- Domain Transfer: It is easy to use with a modern design.
It is the best service because it gives you the option to lock down your domain for up to 100 years. This is the best domain for small businessmen. However long you choose to lock down your website (be it 20 or 90 years), you have to pay for those years, and Network Solutions does not offer any refunds. Domain management, website builder, accept online payments, web hosting, email, SEO marketing tools, SSL certifications, trusted site seal, small business cyber security.
- Pricing: The price of it starts at $9.99/year.
- Privacy Options: WHOIS privacy is not available in your domain purchase.
- Domain Transfer: You have to purchase at $9.99, and you will get a free one-year extension.
GoDaddy is one of the most popular domain registrars approx the globe. It was founded by Bob Parsons in 1997, and it is located in the United States. It is the most expensive of all the domain registrars. It offers 507 domain extensions. Along with domain and hosting solutions, GoDaddy also provides website security, email, website builders, and marketing services.
- Pricing (Initial prices and renewal prices): The new domain price for.com starts at Rs. 449/-, and the renewal cost of it is Rs. 599/-.
- Privacy Options: WHOIS protection is not included with this domain. Your site stops working after 5 days of expiry. You can get an overall grace period of 18 days.
- Domain Transfer: Transferring is very easy. And it starts from $7.99 for .com domains.
6. Google Domain
Google Domain is a domain registrar launched by Google in 2014. A variety of services are offered on Google domains, like DNS hosting, Domain forwarding, email forwarding, and custom sub-domains.
- Pricing: The price of purchasing and new domain and renewing it are the same. The new domain and renewal price for the .com domain is Rs. 860/-.
- Privacy Options: Google domains offer email and live chat support with quick and helpful replies. They have a base of decent knowledge with a lot of short and informative articles to solve your problems.
- Domain Transfer: It is plain, simple, and easy to use. Beginners will not face any problems working with it.
Bluehost is one of the best web hosting services and domain registrars for beginners. If you buy a hosting plan, Bluehost will give you a free domain for the first year with it. It also supports an intuitive site builder and 24/7 domain support. Domain Privacy + Protection, website builder, website hosting, 24/7 domain support, domain lock, auto-renewal for domains.
- Pricing: The cost price .com domain is $12.99/year, which includes a 30-day money-back guarantee and free SSL certification. Also, if you decide to host with Bluehost, you pay $2.95/month and get a free domain for the first year.
- Privacy Options: WHOIS protection is not included in your plan.
- Domain Transfer: It is easy to transfer but costs $12.99.
Dreamhost is more effective for corporate customers who want top-notice cloud hosting. DreamHost offers unlimited data transfers every month, strong security features, and many domain management tools. It also offers a fair shared hosting money-back guarantee. Professional email account add-on, website builder, website hosting, optional domain locking, free custom nameservers, free DNS management, free domain forwarding, and 24/7 support.
- Pricing: It starts at $7.99 for the first year. In subsequent years you are charged the regular rate of $17.99/year.
- Privacy Options: WHOIS privacy and domain purchase are free.
- Domain Transfer: The Domain Transfer for the .com domain is $9.99.
HostGator is another well-known website owner. This domain is very friendly for beginners and well-documented. They provide a beautiful selection of extensions, domain privacy, and easy-to-use DNS management tools. It is a free domain name and hosting with all of their website builder plans.
10. Amazon AWS
Amazon web services is a scalable cloud computing platform with high availability. AWS helps to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of customers’ data.
Amazon web services provide its customers with a variety of IT security standards, including SOC 1/ SOC 2/ SOC 3/ ITAR/ FISMA and many more.
What is a Domain Name Registrar?
A Domain Registrar refers to a company that aids you in searching for a domain name and registering it for a specific time period.
It also helps to assign a unique IP address to your domain name. Some famous domains are GoDaddy, Dynadot, Bigrock, etc. Domain registers are accredited by a non-profit institution called International Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers(ICANN) that essentially makes policies, decides the domain extensions, and also manages IP addresses, DNS, etc.
Domain Name Registrar: Type of Domain Extensions
Domain Extension, also known as TLD, refers to the last part of a domain name. The other name of it is domain suffix. Supposing one writes about the website -chakrabaryraja.com, so here the ‘com’ part is the domain extension. The three broad types of domains are discussed below.
1. Country Code Top-Level Domain(ccTLD): These domain extensions are for the audience of a specific country or geographical territory. Some Examples are –
- .in (for Indian)
- .ca (for Canada)
- .fr(for France)
- .UK (for the United Kingdom)
2. Generic Top-Level Domains(gTLD): These are the most popular domain extensions and these are used across the world. It indicates the domain that they belong to. Some familiar examples of gTLD are-
- .com( for Commercial websites)
- .gov (for Government websites)
- .org(for Organizations)
- .net(for Online Business)
3. New Top-Level Domains(nTLD): These are the latest domain extensions and are primarily focused on brands and services. Some well-known examples of the nTLD are- .xyz, .live, .digital, etc.
Domain Name Registrar: How to choose the right one
If you are dreaming about making money online through a blog or planning to launch a website for your business, you must register a domain first. Our guide and the above list will help you to start your online journey with the best domain name registrar.
Most domain registrars require you to pay one year at a time. The price of the first year is often lower than the subsequent years. so the subsequent renewal prices are affordable.
When you register a domain, you have to provide all confidential data that is recorded by the WHOIS and managed by ICANN. You have to make sure that you choose the option for hiding the data that provides personal information.
DISCLAIMER: The Basictell Picks team writes about stuff we think you will like. Basictell has affiliate partnerships, so we may receive a commission when you purchase/signup through our links. The product prices mentioned in the article may vary.