Choosing the best DSLR cameras in India is a crucial step in starting your photography journey. A camera can take your efforts to new heights or easily ruin them.
A good quality camera can take your photography to the next level and inspire you to do more. On the other hand, a bad camera will not give you the desired result and affect your creativity negatively. So you should be careful while choosing the best camera for photography and video.
Our Top Picks :
Best Overall – Canon EOS 1500D
Canon EOS 1500D is a 24.1 MP DSLR Camera with EF S18-55 II Lens. The transmission frequency is 2 412 to 2 462MHz. This camera provides you with a 100-6400 sensitivity range. It has a DIGIC 4+ image processor with 9 autofocus points. You will get WiFi, NFC, & Bluetooth for easy transferring.
For Enhanced Photography Experience – Canon EOS 200D II
The Canon EOS 200D II is a 24.1MP Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f4 STM Lens. You will get special features like Eye Detection Auto Focus, Wi-Fi, & 3-inch Display with it.
Best Vlogging Camera – Sony Alpha ILCE 6100 24.2 MP Mirrorless Digital SLR Camera
If you want to shoot beautiful and clear Vlogs with great speed and accuracy, then the Sony Alpha ILCE 6100 24.2 MP Mirrorless Digital SLR Camera is the right one for you. It is a 24.2-megapixel camera with Fast Auto Focus, APS-C Sensor, and Real-time Eye. This camera is enabled with Wi-Fi, USB, and NFC for easy transferring of content.
From beginners to professional photographers, you can find several cameras on the market today. Purpose of use, resolution, modes, and cost are some of the key factors that may influence your decision.
But do you know how good the products are? Can they fulfil your needs? Are existing customers satisfied with their performance?
If you pay attention to these things, you will find the best camera in the world. For instance, Canon. They provide some of the best DSLR cameras for photography.
In this article, you will find some of the best DSLR cameras from popular brands (Canon, Nikon, etc.) and their key features for beginners and professional photographers.
Summary of The Best DSLR Cameras
After doing some extensive research, we are finally here with the best DSLR camera for photography in India.
|Canon EOS 1500D DSLR Camera
|Best Camera For Photography Beginners
|Canon EOS 200D II
|Best Canon Camera For Photography
|Sony Alpha ILCE 6100 24.2 MP Mirrorless Digital SLR Camera
|Best Camera For Vlogging
|Canon EOS 6D Mark II
|Best Camera For Landscape Photography
|Nikon D780 DSLR
|Best Camera For Wildlife Photography
|Canon EOS 80D
|Best Camera For Professional Photography
Best DSLR Cameras in India
We have covered the most popular and best cameras for beginners and professional photographers. Find out how they can fulfil your needs and make your photography experience awesome below.
1. Canon EOS 1500D 24.1 Digital SLR Camera (Black) with EF S18-55 is II Lens – Buy from Amazon
Best DSLR Camera Under 50000
Canon EOS 1500D is equipped with a 24.1-megapixel APS-C-size CMOS sensor, 1080p Full HD resolution, and an optical viewfinder for the ultimate DSLR shooting experience. This model has a Canon EF-S Lens mount, a 3-inch LCD display screen, and a Continuous Shooting Speed of 3 fps. It provides fast, accurate AF and large grips to give a firm and steady hold on the camera. Canon EOS 1500D has a digital Storage Capacity of 64GB. You can easily connect and upload photos and videos to social media with the help of the built-in Wi-Fi / NFC. We can say this is the best camera for photography beginners.
2. Canon EOS 200D II 24.1MP Digital SLR Camera + EF-S 18-55mm f4 is STM Lens (Black) – Buy from Amazon
If you are searching for the best vlogging camera, then Canon EOS 200D is the solution for you. It is Canon’s lightest range DSLR camera with a Vari-angle touch screen LCD, 24.1-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor, and DIGIC 8 processor to make snapping your everyday life easier. This camera provides 4K video captures in 2160p. Canon EOS 200D provides you with a storage capacity of 16 GB and Wi-Fi connectivity to share your photos and videos on social media. It has Dual Pixel CMOS AF performance and a Continuous Shooting Speed of 5 fps. It also has an assistance feature to change the look of your photos.
3. Sony Alpha ILCE 6100 24.2 MP Mirrorless Digital SLR Camera – Buy from Amazon
Best Camera for Vlogging
Sony Alpha ILCE 6100 is a 24.2 MP Mirrorless DSLR camera with APS-C fps sensor that can capture 4K video with ease. It provides continuous fast shooting with AF/AE up to 11fps. You can capture 77 JPEG images in one continuous burst. The Sony Alpha ILCE 6100 supports real-time eye and real-time tracking to take your movie-making experience to a new level. It has a minimum shutter speed of 30 Seconds and a maximum shutter speed of 767011 Seconds. This camera supports remote shooting with Wi-Fi and USB connection.
4. Canon EOS 6D Mark II 26.2MP Digital SLR Camera with EF24-105 mm f/4L is II USM Lens – Buy from Amazon
Canon EOS 6D Mark II is a powerful full-frame DSLR camera that takes your images to the next level. Its 6.2-megapixel image sensor, dual pixel CMOS AF and a Vari-angle touch panel LCD display will enhance your photography experience. This camera captures videos at Full HD 1080p. It has a Continuous Shooting Speed of 6.5 fps to give you accurate results. Canon EOS 6D Mark II fully supports connectivity with GPS, Wi-Fi, NFC and Bluetooth. Looking at these features, we can say it is the best camera for landscape photography.
5. Nikon D780 DSLR Body with 24-120mm VR Lens – Buy from Amazon
Best Camera for Wildlife Photography
The Nikon D780 is the best device in terms of speed, image processing and video recording. This camera provides you with 4K Ultra HD video, slow motion, time-lapse and other creative shooting tools for more detailed photography. It has a 24.5 megapixel resolution, robust EXPEED 6 image processing, and a 3.2-inch LCD display. Nikon D780 has USB and Wireless connectivity with the easy-to-use SnapBridge app for social sharing.
6. Canon EOS 80D 24.2MP Digital SLR Camera (Black) + EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 Image Stabilization USM Lens Kit – Buy from Amazon
The Canon EOS 80D is a perfect DSLR camera that provides great image quality and fast video shooting. It is the best camera for professional photography. This camera features a 24.2 Megapixel (APS-C) CMOS sensor and Dual Pixel CMOS AF to enhance your shooting experience. It has a DIGIC 6 Image Processor, Full HD 1080p, 3.0-inch Vari-angle LCD and 7.0 fps of continuous shooting capability for quick actions and amazing results. The Canon EOS 80D is Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and NFC enabled for easy sharing.
How to Choose the Best Camera for Photography
Buying a DSLR camera is always a tough endeavour, irrespective of whether you are buying it for the first time or replacing it. The overwhelming experience can only be accomplished by knowledge. Besides, with a number of brands coming up every day providing tons of categories and exclusive and immersive product lines, it can always be a daunting task to make a choice.
Now, there is also a trick to finding the right DSLR camera for you if you keep some of the major things in mind. This will result in making the selection procedure easier than ever. Therefore if you have started shopping and looking forward to making the right choice, wait a little bit more to check this article.
Here you will get some tricks to choose the best DSLR camera for you.
Purpose of Use
This is one of the most crucial things that you have to take care of while you are choosing. This will not only offer insight into understanding your priorities but also help you work for your dreams and career. Therefore, make sure you answer it carefully.
So start by thinking about the basic purpose of the camera. Are you thinking, “Obviously, to take pictures!” Well, yes, definitely you will take pictures, but what we need you is to think in specific. Like if you wish to record a food photography event or maybe your friend’s wedding or maybe a professional photo shoot.” Different occasions and events require different types of cameras. You have to take a look at the camera specification before choosing one.
A camera must be chosen depending on the priorities. For people who want to record events in different places, they are much in need of a portable one, while for outdoor or street photography, something that is robust makes it a great choice. Additionally, if you want to do artistic photography, you will need high-quality pictures, and therefore, everything from the resolution to the lens needs to be kept in mind. For example, a wide angle lens captures more of the scene than other lens types. This is the only way to get high-quality photography.
So these are some of the most common things that you need to stay aware of while buying. Understanding the purpose cuts the choices and becomes beneficial in the buying process.
While most DSLRs look pretty much the same, especially when you are at the beginner level, there are always some considerations that need to be kept in mind. You must know that not everyone has the same sized hands, and therefore, you have to choose accordingly.
Every camera is designed to fit a specific group of people. This is generally categorised on the basis of their hand size. Cameras that are meant to fit the group with small hands will suit only the people with small hands. However, if you are not under that category, it might feel cramped and uneasy. Therefore, you must look for cameras that have large bodies.
Most of the cameras that are meant for beginners are made with polycarbonate bodies. This is made for the purpose of making the DSLR cameras feel light. No wonder you must be thinking about their quality and durability, then it is obvious that the more you pay, the better you will be in its benefits.
If you are very concerned about the exposure flexibility and picture quality of the camera, then obviously, DSLRs are your best companion. When you have these criteria to match, you must check the sensor size properly. This will talk a lot about the qualities.
When you find that the photosite surface area is much larger, you can stay assured that it can capture more light and have the ability to record more information. When the image processor of the camera has the ability to grab more information, it increases the dynamic range for producing realistic images. This can overall offer fantastic picture quality.
The differences can mostly be observed when taking shots in bright light, dim lighting, and contrasts.
In bright and dark lighting, you will find that the small sensor of the camera will not be able to record the details. This can result in getting pictures that have highlights and shadows when recorded without any details. Moreover, there isn’t any software that can tweak such a situation, and hence, choices must be made appropriately.
Larger sensors, on the other hand, are able to produce detailed images which is why it is a common choice among photographers.
Even when you find that the advertising agency pays more attention to the megapixel counts, the overhyped attention on megapixels is not crucial when it comes to buying a DSLR. To go into its basics, megapixels in any image usually dictate the size that can be printed. The best part is you can also produce exceptional A3 prints even from a DSLR camera of 5 or 6 MP, keeping in mind that the shot was properly taken and edited.
If compared, then an 8 MP sensor has 30% more photosites compared to the 6 MP sensor, which is almost negligible. However, if you are someone who would like to offer printable quality images, you definitely have to check the resolution. Choosing a higher resolution means you have printable quality and don’t have to worry about the pixels when cropped or zoomed.
When you are buying a DSLR for photography, you must make sure that the camera has almost all the required qualities integrated into it to capture some of the best shots. Therefore, make sure you check out the details of the modes.
Most DSLRs offer a variety of modes, which include Panorama, landscape, portrait, nightscape, and a lot more. But then again, not all the cameras are actually offering quality ones. As these modes tend to play a crucial role in the life of a photographer, it is of utmost importance to check the variety of modes included in them.
There is no denying that nothing is better than learning to shoot and keeping shutter priority, aperture, and manual mode, but if you are just getting started, the mode can play quite a big role in your life. With the different modes you have in the camera, you can endlessly enjoy and make sure you are comparing the images to stand out.
Even these days, you can find many cameras that have editing abilities. This offers you the opportunity to edit the photos immediately. There are a lot of adjustments that you can make, which is often exciting to play, but make sure you are doing the right thing.
Therefore, as the thumb rule goes, there is no harm in checking what the camera is offering you. This will keep a realistic expectation.
High Definition (HD) Capabilities
In the modern world, most manufacturers are well aware of the needs of photographers. It is, therefore, no longer hard for you to find a DSLR with HD quality to ensure the video quality. You will mostly find these cameras to capture HD-quality videos featuring bright colors and detailed images.
You must also take a look at the amazing autofocus technology enabled for creating videos that allow you to shoot moving images by keeping the focus. Therefore, while selecting, you can check their specification at a glance to find if it mentioned recording 4k videos.
Your camera can, therefore, become a great choice for videography as well. With HD quality integration, you can perform both functions with one camera.
There is no doubt that the world around us is constantly evolving and upgrading. Therefore, to stay abreast with the newest technology, you have to make sure that the camera can take upgrades offered by the brand.
If you are looking for beginner-level cameras, the chances are that they would not be able to upgrade with the latest modification. However, choosing the upper models can help you to grow with the brand. Since the more you become experienced, your thirst for capturing a unique shot increases, and this needs upgrading.
However, if you are someone who first mastered the lower-end models and then upgraded to higher-end models, you can absolutely do that. But in other cases, if you want to buy a DSLR camera that would give more features and control, it is worth it to buy the higher-end models. This will help you to learn as well as keep upgrading yourself.
Price is one of the most stressed parts as, obviously, DSLR cameras come with higher price tags. However, this can have a huge range. You can find affordable ones but have to compromise on some high-end features, whereas if you are paying a good price, you can experience the world of features. You will fathom the wide range of things that can be done from the reels.
Besides, you must keep in mind that you will have to include some of these in the coming future. This includes:
- Lenses: This is a necessity when you grow in your career
- Batteries: This is especially a need if you are a world trotter
- Memory Cards: Not all the models have been engineered with a huge storage, and therefore, memory cards become handy
- Camera Bag: This is a must-have for people who have a DSLR. You cannot carry your camera just anywhere, and therefore, a bag with ample cushion is a must.
- Filters: Even when you drop on other filters, a UV filter is something that you have to buy.
- Extend the Warranties: This is often one of the most common expenses that come with your DSLR camera.
Most of the DSLRs offered by top-notch brands include a large number of features that will probably confuse you. You must have a look at these features as they are directly related to your image quality. So, what are those features? Let us have a quick look.
- Shutter Speed: Since you are buying a DSLR, you can stay assured that you will get decent speed. However, some of the top models that generally come with expensive price tags have quite an impressive shutter speed. Therefore, bear in mind that with the shutter speed, it becomes easier to capture the best images.
- Burst Mode: this is something that shows the ability to shoot burst images within less time. Like, you just have to hold the shutter release down, and it can capture. This is especially a necessity for action and sports photography. You can find that most DSLRs have a varied range of frames that a photographer can shoot every second. Therefore, don’t forget to check the number of images it can shoot in a single burst.
- ISO Ratings: There are many brands that will specify the ISO ratings. This is an amazing ability of the DSLR to capture beautiful images in low lights. Therefore, with more ISO numbers, you can get the assurance that the camera is great for low-light photography.
- LCD Size: You will find it astonishing to find how half an inch of difference can alter the viewing experience. Definitely, when you choose a 2.5-inch screen, it can be better compared to that of the 1.8-inch camera. Although it would not make much difference in the quality of the picture or the way you shoot, it can ensure your viewing experience.
- Anti-shake: This is one of the latest technologies that has been buzzing in the market. Anti-shake technology has become one of the latest needs for photographers. This feature enables the photographers to capture images even while moving. The image stabilization offered by the lenses enables them to capture the details of the moving images.
- Dust Protection: This is again the latest improvement made by the brand for its product line. This is specially built for travellers as it offers protection to the image sensors. In a handful of models, there is self-cleaning as well, thereby eliminating frustrations among the photographers. However, it is still not available in the upper models yet. This feature will soon show up in the upper models as well because of its convenience.
- Connectivity: Once you have captured them, you would like to store them in your system. This generally happens with the help of a USB cord. This is definitely present in most of the models, but in some models, there are some other connectivity options to make it wireless or send it directly to the cloud. Besides, make sure that the DSLR supports Wi-Fi connectivity.
- Semi-Auto Modes: There are several shooting modes available with the lower-end DSLR models. This can be used for everyone, but if you have some specific requirements for modes, make sure you are checking them before buying. However, higher models do not have this feature.
Up To You
With the wide range of information and options available in the market, it can obviously become exhausting to find the right one. However, when you keep your needs straight, you can find the best DSLR for photography that can suffice the photographer in you.
So now that you have known the perfect way to choose a DSLR camera, what are you waiting for? Choose your weapon and shoot some of the best and most unique shots to mesmerise the world with your creativity.