How to dress for an Interview
Dressing for an interview is a vital factor. You have to know about what to wear and what not to wear on a Job interview. Because proper dressing at the time of interview can give a quick and good impression to the employer.
We all know about the fact that "First impression is the last impression". Your first impression is very much important at the time of interview on an employer. And this first impression will be always judged on your look and dressing.
Proper dressing suggestion:
Interview is a place where you have to present yourself as a professional. So the dressing for any kind of job interviews should be maintained professionally.
Dressing for Men:
- Wear a Dark suit. Woollen suit would be better. The suit must be Smart, clean and well fitted.
- Wear any long sleeve shirts. It may be white or any pale colors (Cream, Light Blue and etc.) or any color coordinated with your suit.
- A single colored or any simple pattern tie. Silk ties would be better.
- Black Belt.
- Wear black, grey or any dark color socks. Avoid any novelty socks.
- Shoes. Black shows should be the first choice.
- A watch. Not any funky type watch.
- Cut your nails neatly. Professional Hairstyle. And a clean and shaved face.
Dressing for women:
- Wear two piece suits as opposed to separates. Suit color will be black or grey or any dark color.
- Wear a jacket and long skirts. Not any stylish short skirts. Because business world is lags behind the fashion world.
- Choose a plain blouse or any coordinated blouse.
- Wear matching color of Shoes and belts.
- Handbags color should be matched with shoes and belts color.
- Try to avoid jewellery. If you think jewellery is essential for you then go for any simple jeweller. Not any type of colourful chains, dangling rings and like this. But without jewellery you will be looked more professional than with jewellery.
- Professional Hairstyle.
- Very light makeup and light fragrances.
- Well shaped and clean nails.
Things to Avoid:For men: Chewing Gum or anything. Bringing cell phone at interview hall. Wearing bright color (Red, Yellow, Green) of cloths.
For women: Unusual Jewellery such a long dangling rings or thumb rings. Too much make up to look great. Bringing cell phone at interview hall. Chewing Gum or anything. Wearing bright color(Red, Yellow, Green) of cloths. Wearing transparent cloths or visible inner wear.
Your Overall appearance should meet an aura of total professionalism.